Monday, January 20, 2014

PGA of America Launches 13th Annual Jobs in Golf Month as Hiring for Golf Season Heats Up

(PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla.) – While it may be the height of winter, hiring in the golf industry begins to heat up this time of year, as employers prepare for the upcoming golf season. Accordingly, the PGA of America’s 13th Annual Jobs in Golf Month will launch in conjunction with the traditional opening of this week’s 61st PGA Merchandise Show and continue promoting employment opportunities in golf throughout February.

Jobs in Golf Month highlights both the online employment resource tools and a breadth of jobs within the $68 billion industry. PGA.com/employment, home to PGA Employment Services, is the centerpiece of the Jobs in Golf Month initiative, as it serves as the golf industry’s online resource for jobs. Over the past year, a total of 3,936 jobs for both PGA Professional positions and the general public were listed. The Jobs in Golf Month initiative at the PGA Merchandise Show includes recruitment services by leading industry employers; employment workshops; and comprehensive PGA Employment Services.  In addition, a number of companies will conduct on-site interviews with candidates for open positions.

PGA Employment Services is an invaluable resource for promoting every imaginable golf industry job that is currently open, from general managers to PGA head professionals to equipment representatives to sales to chefs to wait staff. In addition, it serves as a solution that matches job applicants with potential employers by highlighting job opportunities that are currently posted on PGAJobfinder.com.

“Many people think of golf as their dream job, which explains why 2 million people point to the industry as their place of employment,” explains PGA President Ted Bishop. “Golf is a highly attractive workplace, thanks to the beauty of the golf course, as well as the amazing relationships you form with colleagues, contacts and clients who love the game as much as you do. With $55 billion in annual wages generated, many people wonder how they, too, can work in golf. With Jobs in Golf Month, this is your golden opportunity. And for those already in the industry, the program highlights the PGA of America’s commitment to working closely with our Professionals and industry employers to align candidates with new job opportunities.”

PGA Employment Services is supported by 12 regional PGA Employment Consultants, who strategically match applicants with employers that are seeking to hire talented and dynamic PGA Professionals. The Consultants also work to educate employers on the many benefits of hiring a PGA Professional.

Another feature of PGA Employment Center is CareerLinks, a complimentary employment referral service that enables PGA Employment Consultants to help employers identify the skills and experiences necessary to perform a specific job, and then enter the search specifications into the CareerLinks database to identify qualified PGA candidates. This service continues to grow, as 604 positions were posted through CareerLinks in 2013.

For more on Jobs in Golf Month and to find your dream job in golf, visit www.PGA.com/employment.

For more information on the PGA of America, visit www.pgamediacenter.com

8 comments:

Gerrison said...

Many now dream of finding and getting good vacancies, but finding a job is not easy. Especially when it comes to a prestigious company.

Anonymous said...

Today, without a competent resume, it is practically impossible to find a good job. Having difficulty writing a resume, I turned to https://edureviewer.com/resume-services-in-atlanta/ and did not regret it. Resume writers gave me an amazing resume. After talking with the author on Skype and clarifying everything necessary for compiling a resume, I got everything I wanted.

Anonymous said...

About a year ago, it would have been a little difficult for me to answer this question due to the fact that I was unemployed and did not know what to do to change this state of affairs. However, I knew that this problem was quite solvable, so one day I made a decision to find a decent occupation. As a result, I used these remote jobs where it is possible to search for various jobs and choose the one that suits you best. If you also want to apply for a job, use this opportunity as well.

Anonymous said...

I think you're affiliate to help me to find a good job for me. There is a situation that I lost my previous job and I need to gat new one to continue to earn money later. Hope you will help me soon. Thank you

Daniel58 said...

Guys, i would like to help you in thi case of your unemployment and I have one source that could give you a hand. On this service https://jobssite.ca/jobs/general-labour/ you are able to find a general labour jobs and I really believe that you will succeed. Besides, you have a chance to try such resource to find a good job for you.

Anonymous said...

Guys, I'm looking for a job in design sphere, so if somebody knows where it would be possible to find something like that, give me recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I fully comprehend you. More recently I wanted to change the economic situation and so I decided to look for jobs in English-speaking countries and eventually I found these ux design jobs where I found my current decent job that would allow me to earn enough money. I made the right decision and I hope it will also help me find a job.

John said...

Finding a job is now quick and easy, so I don't understand those people who complain that they can't find a job. As for me, the relocateme resource with developer jobs with relocation assistance was very useful for me. For me, it was a great opportunity not only to find a good company, but also to move to another country quite easily, since there are not so many opportunities for development in my country.