Monday, September 4, 2017

Team Secret Golf Claims Fifth Victory of 2017 Season as Stacy Lewis Wins in Portland

(


JACKSONVILLE, Fla.) – Stacy Lewis won the Cambia Portland Classic to end a lengthy victory drought, however, the real winner were people effected by Hurricane Harvey in her adopted hometown of Houston. Lewis claimed her first tournament on the LPGA Tour since 2014 and donated her winner’s check - $195,000 - to the Houston Relief Fund. Lewis’ sponsors then added support for her generosity, combining to donate more than $1 million in her behalf. 



Lewis’ win in Oregon was also the fifth this year by a member of Team Secret Golf, a 17-member team of Tour professionals, each with their own player channel on the popular website — secretgolf.com. Earlier this season, Jason Dufner (The Memorial), Brian Harman (Wells Fargo Championship) and Pat Perez (OHL Classic at Mayakoba) won tournaments on the PGA Tour and just recently Martin Miller won the Ellie Mae Classic on the Web.com Tour.   



“I knew I could win, but it’s always hard. There are great players on this Tour, “ Lewis said after her victory. “All week I stayed really calm and I just tried to keep telling myself to stay calm, to stay relaxed, and to keep hitting good shots. Once I announced on Wednesday that I would be donating my winnings to help the people in Houston, honestly I think it helped me through the week, just knowing people wanted me to do well and win this for Houston. To do it when really I added pressure to myself is a pretty cool deal.”



Once ranked No. 1 in the world, Lewis registered her 12th career title on the LPGA Tour on Sunday. Team Secret Golf, which includes  former major champions Jackie Burke, Steve Elkington, Brittany Lang and Lewis, now has claimed 112 events collectively on the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour and Web.com Tour.

“

There were an amazing set of circumstances surrounding this win for Stacy. I’m very happy for her but even more proud of her support for the people on Houston. Like Stacy, I also live in Houston and have seen first hand what the recent hurricane has done to our city. It just shows what kind of person Stacy Lewis is and I’m glad she is part of our Team Secret Golf,” said Elkington, the co-founder of Secret Golf. 



For more information about Secret Golf and the Secret Golf, visit www.SecretGolf.com.

No comments: